The next steps have become clearer for Anderlecht, PAOK, Rubin, Trabzonspor and Vitesse after the draw for the third qualifying round for the UEFA Europa Conference League in Nyon.
Shamrock Rovers were the only team to secure a spot in the Champions Path section of the draw, while only nine of the 54 teams in the main path were confirmed, including European regulars Anderlecht, PAOK and Trabzonspor.
Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO) / Maccabi Haifa (ISR) vs. HB Tórshavn (FRO) / Budućnost Podgorica (MNE)
Linfield (NIR) / Borac Banja Luka (BIH) versus Shakhtyor Soligorsk (BLR) / Fola Esch (LUX)
Shamrock Rovers (IRL) versus Teuta (ALB) / Inter Club d’Escaldes (AND)
Riga FC (LVA) / Shkëndija (MKD) versus Folgore (SMR) / Hibernians (MLT)
Prishtina (KOS) / Connah’s Quay Nomads (WAL) vs. Valur (ISL) / Bodø / Glimt (NOR)
Dinamo Batumi (GEO) / BATE Borisov (BLR) versus Petrocub-Hincesti (MDA) / Sivasspor (TUR)
KuPS Kuopio (FIN) / Worskla Poltava (UKR) vs. Astana (KAZ) / Aris Thessaloniki (GRE)
Sochi (RUS) / Keşla (AZE) vs. Partizan (SRB) / Dunajská Streda (SVK)
Ararat Yerevan (ARM) / Śląsk Wrocław (POL) vs. Arda Kardzhali (BUL) / Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR)
Shkupi (MKD) / Santa Clara (POR) versus Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN) / Birkirkara (MLT)
Újpest (HUN) / Vaduz (LIE) vs Basel (SUI) / Partizani (ALB)
Kolos Kovalivka (UKR) versus FCSB (ROU) / Shakhter Karagandy (KAZ)
Elfsborg (SWE) / Milsami Orhei (MDA) vs. Velež (BIH) / AEK Athens (GRE)
Paços de Ferreira (POR) v Larne (NIR) / AGF Aarhus (DEN)
FC Luzern (SUI) vs. Drita (KOS) / Feyenoord (NED)
RFS (LVA) / Puskás Akadémia (HUN) vs Gent (BEL) / Vålerenga (NOR)
Hibernian (SCO) / Santa Coloma (AND) vs. Gżira United (MLT) / Rijeka (CRO)
Austria Wien (AUT) / Breidablik (ISL) vs Aberdeen (SCO) / BK Häcken (SWE)
Trabzonspor (TUR) versus Molde (NOR) / Servette (SUI)
Dudelange (LUX) / Bohemians (IRL) vs PAOK (GRE)
Kauno Žalgiris (LTU) / The New Saints (WAL) vs. Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) / Dynamo Brest (BLR)
Sūduva (LTU) / Raków Czestochowa (POL) vs. Rubin (RUS)
Lokomotiv Plovdiv (BUL) / Slovácko (CZE) vs. Copenhagen (DEN) / Torpedo-Belaz Zhodino (BLR)
Čukarički (SRB) / Sumgait (AZE) vs Hammarby (SWE) / Maribor (SVN)
Hajduk Split (CRO) / Tobol Kostanay (KAZ) versus Apollon Limassol (CYP) / Žilina (SVK)
CSKA-Sofia (BUL) / Liepāja (LVA) vs. Pogoń Szczecin (POL) / Osijek (CRO)
Panevezys (LTU) / Vojvodina (SRB) versus LASK (AUT)
Limassol (CYP) / Vllaznia (ALB) vs. Qarabağ (AZE) / Ashdod (ISR)
Spartak Trnava (SVK) / Sepsi OSK Sfantu Gheorghe (ROU) vs. Sutjeska (MNE) / Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR)
Hafnarfjördur (ISL) / Rosenborg (NOR) vs. Domžale (SVN) / Honka Espoo (FIN)
Universitatea Craiova (ROU) / Laç (ALB) versus Anderlecht (BEL)
Vitesse (NED) vs. Dundalk (IRL) / Levadia Tallinn (EST)
Declaration on the UEFA Europa Conference League
When are the games?
Ties will be played on August 5th and 12th. The winners go to the play-offs of the champions path and the main path.
This is how the draw worked
There are two paths at this stage: Champions Path and Main Path.
• The Shamrock Rovers and the nine winners of the second qualifying round of the Champions Path (games on July 22nd and 29th) were drawn without a seeding. The first ball drawn indicated the home team for the first leg.
• As decided by the UEFA Executive Committee, clubs from Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo could not compete against each other.
• The nine teams that competed in this phase were joined by 45 winners from the second qualifying round.
• The clubs were divided into six groups of eight teams each (groups 1 to 6) and one group of six teams (group 7). Within each group, the teams were divided into an equal number of seeded and unset teams according to the club coefficient rankings drawn up at the beginning of the season.
• As the second qualifying round matches will not be played until July 22nd and 29th, the coefficient of the club with the higher coefficient of the two clubs involved in a tie was used for the draw.
• For groups 1 to 6, each of the teams was randomly assigned a number: 1 to 4 for the seeded teams and 5 to 8 for the teams not seeded. Two bowls were prepared, one for the seeded teams and the other for those not seeded.
• A ball was taken from each bowl and placed in an empty bowl where the two were mixed. One was randomly drawn first and the second was chosen to complete the tie. The result was for all six groups, and the same procedure was followed with the remaining balls to complete pairings.
• The procedure was then repeated for Group 7, with the clubs being randomly assigned a number from 1 to 3 for the seeded teams and 4 to 6 for the teams not seeded. In all seven groups, the first ball drawn indicated the home team for the first leg.
• Teams from the same association could not be drawn against each other.
Road to Tirana: Seasonal Calendar
Third qualifying round draw: July 19
Second qualifying round: July 22nd & 29th
Play-off round draw: August 2nd
Third qualifying round: August 5th & 12th
Play-offs: August 19 & 26
Group stage draw: 27 August
Group stage: September 16 & 30, October 21, November 4 & 25, December 9
Draw for the knockout round: December 13th:
Knockout round play-offs: February 17th & 24th
Draw for the round of 16: February 25th
Round of 16: March 10th & 17th
Quarter-Finals & Semi-Finals Draws: March 18th
Quarter-finals: April 7th & 14th
Semi-finals: April 28th & May 5th
Final: May 25th (National Arena, Tirana)
Special COVID rules
Please note the special regulations for the qualification phase and the play-offs of the competition due to COVID-19, which you can find here.
For more information on admitting traveling fans to games, click here.